THE FEDERATION OF TRADE AND SERVICES
SVTH – Federation of Trade & Services (Icelandic: SVÞ) is a countrywide federation of companies in commerce and services in Iceland. This includes private retailers and the consumer co-operative sector. The Federation also comprises the oil companies, the entire goods transport sector: The merchant fleet, trucking companies (a transport section within the federation deals with transport issues), the entire pharmacist sectors, IT companies, including telecommunication and postal services, and various service companies. The Federation was established in October 1999 by the merging of several organisations in trade and services.
SVTH is the second largest member of the Confederation of Icelandic Enterprise (Icelandic: SA).
The Federation’s Purpose is to:
- Advocate on behalf of it’s members
- Tend to the general and collective interests of member companies
- Contribute to the following for trade and services:
- the development and progress of the industry
- better operating conditions
- provide services regarding wage affairs and wage negotiations in cooperation with SA, The Confederation of Icelandic Enterprise.
Main Areas of Operation:
- Information to members through our website, email, social media, publications, meetings and events
- Education through courses and vocational training in co-operation with various organisations, schools and institutions.
- Various events such as seminars and conferences.
- Lobbyism involving monitoring and commenting on laws and regulations affecting our members and commerce and services in general. This applies at various level of government.
- Labour market salary negotiations lead by the Confederation of Icelandic Enterprise (SA).
- International co-operation through membership in EuroCommerce, UNICE, FIRAE, IRU and cooperation with Nordic sister organizations to affect policymaking relating to trade and services.
Membership to The Federation is open to all associations, private foundations and individuals operating business in Iceland in the fields of commerce, retail, wholesale, commission sales, import, export, distribution, goods transportation and services in general.
All members can take part in interest groups within the Federation. Please contact us regarding currently active interest groups or see information in Icelandic here.
Mr. Andrés Magnússon
SVTH – Federation of Trade & Services
Borgartun 35, 105 Reykjavik, Iceland
Tel: +354 511 3000